Youth and Social Media
Social Media Resources For CLinicians
Clinicians, build your social media support toolkit with the following resources.
Digital Wellness Lab
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- For youth who have experienced sextortion
- Netsmartz Resources for Parents, Educators & Communities
- Take It Down program – developed to help families with children whose images have been shared online
- Cyber Tipline – for parents
Cambridge University Press
- Handbook for Adolescent Digital Media Use and Mental Health – A free resource that compiles research that explains what’s been learned so far about the impact of social and digital media on youth and mental health.
Social Media and Mental Health: How to Support Teens Use Social Media in Safe and Healthy Ways
This September 2023 Pearls for Partners session reviewed current research on social media and adolescent mental health, outlining risk factors and ways that clinicians can support teens. Content shared included strategies for identifying risky or harmful social media use and how adults can help adolescents use social media in healthy ways. Link to the slide deck here or view the presentation below.
Learn About Our Team Members
Let us know if you’d like to share additional links or request specific information to be shared, or if you are a clinician who is seeking additional training or support, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.