Train At Pine Rest
APP Psychiatry Training Program
APP Psychiatry Training
Advanced Practice Provider Psychiatry Training Program
The Pine Rest Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Psychiatry Training Program is one of the first of its kind in the country. We are proud to offer this two-year on-the-job training program in West Michigan.
Our model focuses on developing highly trained APPs capable of working in both the inpatient and outpatient mental health setting.
A post graduate psychiatry residency program for APPs develops skilled mental health providers capable of working as an extension of our psychiatrists. This helps meet the growing mental health need in West Michigan. Utilization of these mid-level providers improves access and reduces wait times for community members.
The program began in 2016.
Contact Abby Hyma to learn more or apply today.
The APP Psychiatry Training Program is a 24-month program with a combination of didactics and on the job training in an outpatient and high acuity setting. The Pine Rest model will focus on developing highly trained APPs capable of working in collaboration to meet the ever-growing need for mental health services in the West Michigan area. It is our belief this closely supervised, and hand-on training provides an excellent opportunity for those desiring to continue their work in the mental health specialty.
Upon successful completion of the first year of the training program, individuals will begin to experience other areas of the organization through part time rotations in high acuity settings while maintaining a part time outpatient practice. Each APP will work in collaboration with a supervising psychiatrist. Trainees will provide initial psychiatric assessments, medication management, work in a multidisciplinary team, and navigate the continuum of services that Pine Rest provides for patients.
- Master’s level graduates of accredited PA program and/or PMHNP (licensed psychiatry nurse practitioner). We are unable to accept family nurse practitioners.
- Licensed or license-eligible to practice in the State of Michigan with an active DEA Controlled Substance Registration Certificate
- Candidates must display a strong interest and aptitude for the practice of psychiatry
- Quality, cost-effective health care
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Strong compensation for training program