What to Expect
Thank you for selecting Pine Rest for your behavioral health needs. Below, we have outlined what you can expect from Pine Rest and our expectations of you during your treatment through our Telehealth Services.
Click on the headings below to review each topic.
Pine Rest is careful to follow all confidentiality laws and policies.
- No patient information is released without your written permission except situations in which you or another person is in immediate danger.
- Please note that when you sign our Consent for Treatment form, it allows Pine Rest to share pertinent information regarding the treatment provided with your insurance company.
- Please be aware that employees of Pine Rest only have access to confidential information on a “need to know” basis. Employees are bound by confidentiality laws and will not release this information without proper authorization.
- Email is not a secure (confidential) form of communication, and should not be used to communicate with your Pine Rest Clinician. Email sent by Pine Rest are encrypted to insure the highest level of confidentiality possible. Emails you send to Pine Rest are not encrypted. Because of this, clinicians will not utilize email to communicate information about treatment.
- By providing us with your phone number (including cell number), you give permission for Pine Rest to call and leave messages at these numbers unless you express otherwise.
Your care is important to us.
Every possible effort to return your call or respond to messages will be made in a timely manner. If your situation is time sensitive, please be sure to clearly state this in your call or message.
If you have a life threatening mental health emergency situation, call 911 or go to your local emergency room. For other urgent mental health issues after hours, please call:
- Please login 10 minutes before your appointment time and wait for your therapist to connect with you. If you connect late (generally 15 minutes) you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, you must call at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. Late cancellations or no-shows for appointments will be charged a fee of $50, unless disallowed by payer agreement. This fee will be your responsibility as insurance companies do not pay for appointments you do not keep.
- If the video connection is not working, the system will convert the connection to an audio only connection. A decision will then be made by you and the clinician regarding whether the session will be continued.
- If you have 3 or more broken appointments, your case may be reviewed to determine your ability to continue in treatment at Pine Rest.
- Most insurance companies do not cover 100% of charges.
- Your co-pay and/or deductible will be charged to the credit card you have authorized and we have on file. Any no-show fees will also be charged to this credit card.
- If you are finding it difficult to make your payment, please notify us of your circumstances. Pine Rest has Patient Assistance Funds for which you may qualify.
- If at any time your balance exceeds $300, you will be required to set up a payment plan.
- If you request a letter, form or other type of correspondence (SSI paperwork, medical leave, attorney letter, etc.) be completed on your behalf, you will need to provide information as requested by the clinician or letter recipient. A release of information is also required.
- Charges for the clinical time to address such correspondence must be paid before the material is released.
- The charge for short term disability and FMLA paperwork is $25.
- If you or your attorney request documents or testimony from a Pine Rest clinician in connection with legal proceedings, you will be responsible for all costs associated with this.
- Costs billed vary depending on the time needed to prepare, appear for testimony and testifying, as well as other expenses incurred for attendance and testimony at any legal proceeding related to the treatment provided by the clinician.