Virtual Urgent Care Available. Please Call For Appointment.
Psychiatric Urgent Care Center is accepting walk-in patients!
Only one support person will be allowed to accompany a patient into the building.
Both patient and support person will both need to pass screening.
A mask will be provided during the intake assessment.
The center is designed to provide immediate assessment and treatment for people experiencing acute psychiatric symptoms who cannot wait for routine outpatient intervention.
- Level of care determination
- Social work assessment
- Psychiatric assessment
- Illness education for patient & family
- After care plan
Who We Serve
Adults ages 18+
Experiencing symptoms such as:
- Panic attacks
- Disturbing thoughts
- Suicidal thoughts
- Acute grief reactions
- Trouble managing daily activities
- Substance use disorders
If experiencing a medical issue, please go to medical urgent care or an emergency room.
Most commercial insurance, Medicare and Medicaid health plans cover this service.
If you have Medicaid, please call ahead. Some plans require authorization for services.
Walk-ins are welcome. Mornings typically have the shortest wait times. Longest wait times have been in late afternoons and evenings.
|Monday||10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Friday||10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.|
Closed on the following holidays:
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- New Year’s Day
Psychiatric Urgent Care Center
300 68th Street SE
Building E, Entrance E1
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49548
The Psychiatric Urgent Care Center is located on the Pine Rest Campus. Turn onto the main entrance and follow the blue signs to Building E (located at the end of the main campus drive). Please use entrance E1.Campus Map
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Know Before You Go
The Psychiatric Urgent Care Center is a brand new concept, so if you have questions if this is the right level of care for you, please call 616.455.9200. We will listen and help you sort it out.
IN THE NEWS
- Pine Rest Psychiatric Urgent Care Center Expands Services With Telehealth Option, Pine Rest (May 26, 2020)
- Millions in Michigan live in areas without enough mental health care workers, WWMT (December 9, 2019)
- Psychiatric urgent care in Grand Rapids is drawing people from across the state, Mlive (November 12, 2019)
- Visits grow at Pine Rest’s new psychiatric urgent care center, MiBiz (November 8, 2019)
- Psychiatric urgent care serves 3,000 in six months, Grand Rapids Business Journal (November 6, 2019)
- “Not Enough Quick Access”: Pine Rest May Expand Urgent Care, WOOD TV8 (November 4, 2019)
- Urgent care centers are common for physical ailments. Could they work for mental health issues, too? Michigan Radio, Stateside (November 4, 2019)
- Psychiatric Urgent Care Center Celebrating Six Months, WOOD TV8 (October 14, 2019)
- Pine Rest Psychiatric Urgent Care Center celebrates 6 months in West Michigan, WZZM (October 15, 2019)
- Same-day psych urgent care center seeing success. Fox17 (June 20, 2019)
- Psychiatric Urgent Care Comes to West Michigan, WZZM (May 22, 2019)
- Pine Rest aims to ease strain on ERs, Grand Rapids Business Journal (April 26, 2019)
- Pine Rest may expand psychiatric urgent care center model, MiBiz (April 28, 2019)
- West Michigan’s first Psychiatric Urgent Care Center opened by Pine Rest, WZZM 13 On Your Side (April 16, 2019)
- West Michigan’s first Psychiatric Urgent Care Center opens, Fox17 Morning Mix (April 16, 2019)
- Pine Rest opens new Psychiatric Urgent Care Center, mlive (April 16, 2019)
- Pine Rest Urgent Care with Bob Nykamp, WOOD Radio (April 16, 2019)
- New Pine Rest Psychiatric Urgent Care Center, WKZO (April 16, 2019)
- Pine Rest opens Psychiatric Urgent Care Center in GR, WOOD TV8 (April 16, 2019)
- Pine Rest Press Release (April 16, 2019)
- West Michigan Woman (December 5, 2018)