Raising LGBTQ+ Kids Support Group
This group will meet in the fall due to a higher demand at that time. Please call 616.258.7507 to find out how you can join.
How parents engage with their LGBTQ+ child or teen has a tremendous impact on their mental and physical health.
Our informative group welcomes parents, relatives or guardians (age 18+) of LGBTQ kids. We offer an inclusive space for participants to learn how to help their kids feel socially, emotionally, and physically safe and supported.
Topics covered include:
- Distinction between sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, and gender roles.
- Reconciling competing values.
- Handling social and family situations.
- Coming out process.
- Resources for LGBTQ individuals and loved ones.
- Way to network with other parents.
This group meets once a week for eight weeks and is led by our expert clinicians. Participants are required to attend from the first session.
If interested, talk to your therapist or enroll by calling our Forest Hills clinic at 616.258.7507.
$30 per session. Insurance is not accepted, but please ask if you qualify for financial assistance.