Families & Friends of Aging Adults
This group is currently meeting online only on Zoom, for the safety of our participants and staff. Please call Cindy or Amy at 616.281.6363 extension: 2450 to find out how you can join for free!
What is normal aging behavior? Where can I turn for help? How can I cope with my guilt? Does anyone understand how I feel?
If you struggle with any of these questions, this group may be for you. Our support group for Families & Friends of Aging Adults is designed specifically for those who are caregivers to older adults, and provides an opportunity to gather information, gain answers and grow.
What to expect:
- Information – Past topics have included financial planning, coping with hearing loss, dementia, Alzheimer’s, depression, managing stress and guilt, and much more.
- Ideas – Fresh thoughts about how to manage, where to call, how to get help, how to solve problems.
- Encouragement – Other caregivers understand your situation better than anyone else.
- Support – A positive atmosphere can help you overcome the challenging tasks involved in caring for loved ones.
- Confidentiality – Your personal and family concerns are not shared outside the group.
New members are welcome to join at any time.
Sessions are usually led by Nicholas Deboer, LMSW.
October 20, 2020:
Topic: Navigating the Senior Care Maze
Presenter: Elizabeth Harrell, Crossroads ElderCare Planning
For more information, please call Cindy or Amy from Pine Rest at 616.281.6363 x2450.