Adult Developmentally Disabled Residential Long Term (Grand Rapids)
ADULT RESIDENTIAL LONG TERM
Treatment for Developmentally Disabled Individuals
Pine Rest Christian Homes
Residential services for developmentally disabled adults with elevated care needs due to mental health disorders, behavioral difficulties, aging or other medical issues. A variety of levels of care are provided in a home-like setting and include adult foster care homes, supported independent living apartments and an on-site day activity center as an alternative to work placement.
Our highly trained, compassionate care professionals work closely with residents to build daily living skills and social skills, help integrate individuals into the community and provide personalized care based on each person’s unique needs. On-site medical, psychiatric and psychological treatment is available for all residents, as well as 24/7 access to nursing support for those in licensed AFC (Adult Foster Care) settings.
We offer a Christian environment that provides support for spiritual beliefs and faith through a variety of on-site services and opportunities. The Christian Homes are located on our beautiful 220-acre wooded campus in Grand Rapids, Michigan, with easy access to community resources, such as stores, places of worship and restaurants.
Person-Center Planning and the Compassionate Care Model
Pine Rest Christian Homes strives to provide the highest quality of care, utilizing person-centered planning and a compassionate care model.
Person-Centered Planning involves year-round planning and teaching to allow individuals to have as much control in their lives as possible.
The Compassionate Care Model prioritizes principles such as:
- Recognizing and valuing people as unique individuals
- Developing relationships among residents and staff
- Providing psychological as well as physical safety
- Using proactive teaching approaches
- Creating environments that are interactive rather than isolative
- Understanding the role of developmental, psychiatric and cultural factors on behaviors
A variety of care levels including:
- Adult foster care homes
- Supported independent living apartments
Highly trained, compassionate professionals and direct-care staff who:
- Work with residents on building daily living skills, social skills and other skills
- Assist residents with integrating into the local community as appropriate
- Provide personalized care based on the individual’s needs and desires
Additional Program Highlights
Our homes are designed for individuals with higher needs due to mental health disorders, behavioral difficulties, aging and medical issues, or significant limitations with regard to activities of daily living.
On-site medical, psychiatric and psychological treatment is available for residents, as well as 24-hour access to nursing support for those in licensed AFC settings, which enables all areas of care to be coordinated.
We offer a Christian environment that provides support for the individual’s spiritual beliefs and faith through a variety of on-site services and opportunities.