Updated Monday, April 1, 4:05 p.m. EDT
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Pine Rest Continues to Provide Access to Behavioral Healthcare in West Michigan
We are working proactively to keep our behavioral healthcare services open and our patients and personnel safe.
Below are information updates outlining current policies related to healthcare services, visitors, and telehealth options available to address behavioral health needs are posted below as well as in MyChart. In addition, we’re posting updates regarding Professional Education events, open job interviews, and expert advice on managing anxiety and stress.
Thank you for your support and help as we promote a healthy environment.
For More Information and Status
- Urgent Care, Inpatient & Partial Hospitalization Programs
- Hospital & Residential Facilities: Visitor Policy
- Outpatient Clinics Providing Telehealth Services Only
- Pine Rest’s Response
- Donations Needed
- Professional Education Events Cancelled
- Open Interviews Cancelled
- Managing Anxiety Around COVID-19
- CDC Guidelines
Psychiatric Urgent Care Center, Inpatient & Partial Hospitalization Programs
Our Psychiatric Urgent Care Center and Hospital Inpatient are still accepting patients!
Patient Assessment Policy: If you have had any of the following symptoms in the past two weeks, you will be asked to wear a mask during your intake assessment.
- Shortness of breath
- Aching all over
- Sore throat
Psychiatric Urgent Care Center: Only one support person will be allowed to accompany a patient into the building. The patient and support person will both need to pass screening.
Partial Hospitalization Programs – Effective March 25, 2020
In order to protect the health of our patients and staff, starting Wednesday, March 25, the Pine Rest Partial Hospital programs will not accept any new patients. The program will remain open for current patients only. Once all have completed treatment, we will temporarily close the programs.
If you or a patient are in need of this level of care, please call 616.455.9200 or 800.678.5500, so we can help you find appropriate services.
Hospital & Residential Facilities Visitor Policy
VISITOR POLICY: We are not accepting visitors to any of our hospital or residential units at this time.
Outpatient Clinic Appointments
Effective Tuesday, March 17, all outpatient visits will be conducted via telehealth.
If you have an existing in clinic appointment and have not already been contacted by office staff, please call 866.852.4001 so we can confirm your ability to move to a teletherapy visit. Our office staff is available to assist you in identifying ways to address barriers.
- For new appointments call 866.852.4001 or request an appointment through MyChart.
- For instructions on how to use telehealth, please click here.
Late cancellations fees will not be charged for cancellations due to illness.
Pine Rest’s Response
- At our facilities, we have asked housekeeping to be vigilant and use additional sanitation for public surfaces.
- We are encouraging patients, staff, students and volunteers to reduce handshaking, hand holding and hugs, and instead bump knuckles, touch elbows or avoid touching altogether.
- During the admission process, we are screening people who have recently visited known outbreak areas and all prospective patients who have flu or upper respiratory symptoms.
- We are also reviewing our process for reducing exposure to others when a patient residing on one of our campuses has the flu, and will proactively adapt it as needed for this public health situation.
Professional Education Events Cancelled
In order to protect community health, Pine Rest has cancelled all Professional Education events scheduled for March and April.
We are working on rescheduling these events for later in 2020. If you have registered for one of these events, our Postma Center staff will contact you once the event has been rescheduled to confirm whether or not you can attend on this new date. If you prepaid for an event, we will refund your payment if you are unable to attend on the new date.
Managing Stress & Anxiety Around COVID-19
- Caring For Yourself When There’s Traumatic News, Pine Rest
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks, SAMHSA
- Five Ways to View Coverage of the Coronavirus, APA
- Resilience Strategies During a Pandemic, Pine Rest
- Parenting Tips During COVID-19 Pandemic, WZZM