Outpatient Services | Classes & Support Groups
Women Seeking Safety Groups
Seeking Safety Groups (Women)
These Seeking Safety groups are designed for women (age 18+) who have experienced trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and/or substance use disorder.
Our group may be a good fit for you if:
- You have experienced trauma and/or struggled with addictive behaviors including substance use.
- You are interested in creating change and building skills to manage trauma and unhealthy coping.
- You can commit to a weekly small group session and are engaged with your individual Pine Rest therapist.
The goal of these safe and inclusive groups is not to discuss your trauma experiences in depth, but instead to build new skills to
help you cope with past trauma and/or substance use and thrive in your life.
These groups meet virtually only for the safety and convenience of our clients, and offer several dates and times to choose from.
- Build skills in communication, stress management, self-care and relapse prevention.
- Explore the relationship between trauma, substance use and other unsafe behaviors.
- Develop social support.
- Enhance commitment to recovery.
Topics covered during group meetings:
- Detaching from emotional pain
- When substances control you
- Asking for help
- Taking good care of yourself
- Green and red flags
- Recovery thinking ∙ Commitment
- Creating meaning
- Setting boundaries in relationships
- Coping with triggers
- Respecting your time
- Healthy relationships
- Healing from anger
… and more!
Exact dates and times for this support group are not listed publicly for the safety of our participants.
To learn more or to join one of our Women Seeking Safety Groups you need a referral from your current Pine Rest therapist, so please contact them if you are interested.
$60 per session. Most insurance accepted. Please ask if you qualify for financial assistance.
For more information on dates/times or to join this class, please talk to your Pine Rest therapist.