Stress is something we always seem to struggle with, but how do we manage in a prolonged crisis? On December 8, 2020, as part of a YouTube Live event, Kristine Wilmoth, MSCP, at the Pine Rest Traverse City Clinic spoke with Brenda McLellan on ways to manage stress and increase resilience in quickly changing times.
Wilmoth shared coping strategies, ideas for destressing in five minutes, and more. A few of the coping strategies she shared included:
- Recognize what you have control over, and what you don’t.
- Create a daily routine, especially for bedtime.
- Adjust your expectations to the circumstance.
- Get sunlight exposure.
- Hydrate and eat regularly.
- Exercise: Any small bit adds up.
- Spend 15 minutes a day of something you enjoy.
The full interview is below.