Physician Opportunities in Traverse City, Michigan
Pine Rest provides an environment that allows you to grow and develop your psychiatric career in a variety of ways. We offer countless career opportunities due to our size, scope of services, specialty programs, research and focus on education. Additionally:
- Pine Rest is the leading behavioral health services provider in Michigan and the fourth largest behavioral health provider in the U.S.
- Pine Rest offers a full continuum of services for children, adolescents, adults and seniors.
- Pine Rest holds designation as a teaching hospital by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) with educational programs in the behavioral health field at bachelors, masters, doctoral, and residency levels.
- Pine Rest is a Department of Psychiatry for Michigan State University with faculty appointment through MSU’s College of Human Medicine
- Pine Rest has over 80 psychiatrists on medical staff
- Pine Rest has 100+ year tradition of providing behavioral health services with professional excellence, Christian integrity, and compassion.
The Traverse City Clinic
The Pine Rest Traverse City Clinic was established in 2006 as part of the outpatient clinic network. We are committed to providing quality professional mental health services to children, families, and adults in northern Michigan. Our clinicians serve people of all ages and treat a variety of mental health issues, from depression to work stress. Our staff of highly trained psychiatrists, psychologists, professional counselors, and social workers provides quality, professional services in a timely, comprehensive, compassionate, and professional manner.
- Counseling for children, adolescents, adults, seniors, couples and families
- Consultation with pastors, physicians and school officials
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) for chronic suicidality and self-harming behaviors
- Employee Assistance Program
- Infant Mental Health and Early Childhood
- Neuropsychological and Psychological Evaluations
- Psychiatric Evaluations and Medication Management
- Senior Services
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Evaluation and Treatment
See who is working at the Pine Rest Traverse City Clinic.
WHY TRAVERSE CITY
Traverse City is Tops!
While consistently voted one of the most charming small towns in America, Traverse City is anything but sleepy. With fresh, farm-to-table cuisine, Traverse City has become known as a top foodie town. Restaurants, wineries, microbreweries, art galleries, and shopping abound. You’ll find live music for every taste including jazz, classical, indie and rock. Or visit one of the area’s two casinos for Vegas-style gambling. Learn more about events, recreation and more in Traverse City at TraverseCity.com.
Not just a great place to visit, Traverse City is a highly desirable place to live, featuring great schools, a stable economy, low crime rate and high home values. internationally acclaimed Interlochen Center for the Arts offers arts education programs for students in grades 3-12 and adults of all ages.
Here are just a few of the latest lists that Traverse City has been ranked highly in:
- 10 Best Small Towns in US (Fodor’s)
- Top 10 Small Towns (Livability)
- Top 10 Foodie Cities (Livability)
- #2 Top Midwest Food Towns (Midwest Living)
- Michigan’s Best Beach Towns (Coastal Living)
- Sleeping Bear-Top 10 National Parks for Families (Family Fun magazine)
- Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail-America’s Most Scenic Waterside Drives (Travel + Leisure Magazine)
- Six Small Towns to Visit This Summer (Huffington Post)
Recreation and Natural Beauty
Traverse City is near to numerous natural wonders including miles of sugar sand beaches and the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake Shore recently named the most beautiful place in America by Good Morning America. Recreational opportunities for water sports, beach going and sports fishing abound at hundreds of inland lakes as well as hundreds of miles of shoreline along the lake Michigan. The area is also home to 13 Blue Ribbon Trout Streams.
Voted as one of the top six golf destinations in the country by Golf Magazine, Traverse City has world-class championship courses with matchless designs and stunning beauty. Within a short drive are incredible championship golf course designs by Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Tom Weiskopf, Arthur Hills, Gary Player, Tom Doak, Donald Ross, John Robinson, Jerry Matthews and Bruce Matthews, in addition to the many fine unheralded golfing gems.
The state also has hundreds of miles of bike trails and endless opportunities for camping, hiking, mountain biking, sailing, kayaking, canoeing, kite surfing, downhill and cross country skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing and more.
Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Medical plan: 2 healthcare plans to choose from
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Prescription plan
- Life and AD&D insurance: Coverage for employee and dependents
- Competitive time-off package (based on length of service)
- 403b (with match) and 457 retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts: Health & Dependent Care
- Payroll direct deposit
Pure Traverse City