Grand Rapids, Michigan
Grand Rapids is home to several award-winning hospital systems, as well as the Van Andel Institute, a world-class primary research facility. The breadth and quality of health care in Grand Rapids, along with a growing research climate, recently convinced Michigan State University to re-locate the College of Human Medicine to downtown Grand Rapids. Pine Rest has long been a key player in the medical community, and is excited to be bringing psychiatric graduate education to the area.
One Employer. Endless Opportunities.
Pine Rest provides an environment that allows you to grow and develop your psychiatric career in a variety of ways. We offer countless career opportunities because of our size, scope of services, specialty programs, research and focus on education.
- Fourth largest behavioral health provider in the U.S.
- A full continuum of services for children, adolescents, adults and seniors.
- Designation as a teaching hospital by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services with educational programs in the behavioral health field at bachelors, masters, doctoral, and residency levels.
- A Department of Psychiatry for Michigan State University with faculty appointment through MSU’s College of Human Medicine
- Over 80 psychiatrists on medial staff
- 100+ year tradition of providing behavioral health services with professional excellence, Christian integrity, and compassion.
Extensive Local Programs & Services
- Psychiatry Residency & Fellowships – First class started in 2014; now have 44 residents and fellows
- Hospitalization Services – We manage 198 licensed beds through eight specialty units on campus including a 36-bed child and adolescent unit, a 26-bed adolescent and young adult unit, 4 adult units, a 26-bed older adult unit and an adult unit for integrated treatment of co-occurring behavioral health and substance use disorders
- Partial Hospitalization Programs – Includes day programs for child and adolescent, adults, adults with substance use disorders and a Mother and Baby Program for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
- Outpatient Clinic Network of 18 Clinics and Teletherapy – includes specialty clinics for assessment and testing, Forensic Psychiatric & Psychology Services, substance use disorders and neuromodulation
- Full Continuum of Addiction Services
- Residential Programs and Community Services & Outreach
- Management, consulting and staffing for regional medical organizations through Behavioral Health Solutions
WHY WEST MICHIGAN
Liveability & Culture
Grand Rapids and West Michigan offer a friendly, welcoming environment for families as well as singles and couples.
The city of Grand Rapids features a bustling downtown with many restaurants, nightclubs, theaters, museums and sports venues in a renewed and thriving downtown (www.HelloWestMichigan.com). Michigan State University’s College of Human Medicine is also located in downtown Grand Rapids, joining more than two dozen other colleges and universities that call West Michigan home. Housing is very affordable and there are excellent school districts in the immediate area.
Grand Rapids has a thriving art scene including ArtPrize, a three week, three square mile art competition, symphony, theater, opera, music and more.
Here are a few of the latest headlines about the great things happening in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We invite you to see it for yourself.
- #1 – Best Places to Raise a Family (Forbes)
- #1 – Metro for Living a Balanced Lifestyle (MagnifyMoney, 2018)
- #1 – Housing Market in the U.S. (Trulia, 2018)
- #6 – 25 Best Affordable Places to Live in the U.S. (US News & World Report, 2019)
- #9 – Hottest Hipster Market in U.S. (Realtor.com, 2017)
- #10 – Annual International Housing Affordability Survey (Demographia, 2019)
- #13 – Best Place to Live in U.S. (US News & World Report, 2019)
Recreation and Natural Beauty
Michigan is home to numerous natural wonders including miles of sugar sand beaches and the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake Shore recently named the most beautiful place in America by Good Morning America. Recreational opportunities for water sports, beach going and sports fishing abound at hundreds of inland lakes as well as over 3,000 miles of shoreline along the Great Lakes. The state also has hundreds of miles of bike trails, championship golf courses, camping, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, canoing, kite surfing and more.
Pure Michigan – Grand Rapids
Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Medical plan: 2 healthcare plans to choose from
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Prescription plan
- Life and AD&D insurance: Coverage for employee and dependents
- Competitive time-off package (based on length of service)
- 403b (with match) and 457 retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts: Health & Dependent Care
- Payroll direct deposit