What does Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services offer?
- Summer Intensive Unit CPE runs for 11 weeks and is full time, 40 hours per week, 1 unit of CPE.
- Fall Extended Unit CPE runs for 24 weeks and is part time, one day per week with at least an additional 16 hours of ministry in one's own ministry site or through Pine Rest, 1 unit of CPE
Is Pine Rest's CPE program accredited?
Since 1970, Pine Rest has been accredited by:
Association for Clinical Pastoral Education
One West Court Square , Suite 325
Decatur, GA 30030 (404) 320-1472 www.acpe.edu
What are the pre-requisites?
- One year of theological education in an accredited seminary or equivalent experience in a ministry setting.
- Completed application plus a non-refundable $75.00 application fee.
- Admission interview with a qualified interviewer.
- Your application is very personal and confidential. Only the Supervisor of CPE and/or supervisory staff assigned will read your application.
What is the tuition?
The cost of tuition is $1,000 per unit.
Pine Rest offers Clinical Pastoral Education in collaboration with denominations, churches, hospitals and seminaries. Students who are not able to pay the full cost of the education are encouraged to seek financial assistance from others ( i.e. congregation, employer, denomination, seminary and others) to put together a financial assistance package. For those who need further assistance, need-based scholarships are available from Pine Rest.
A non-refundable application fee of $75.00 is submitted with the application. Pine Rest can provide assistance and guidance for financial support options. Each student will have their own unique sources of support. Once accepted into the program, an application for a Pine Rest scholarship may be requested.
For students who use their current ministry setting as their clinical site, the institution is asked to contribute $1,800 toward the total cost of the CPE program. These institutions or congregations are receiving the benefit of the student's learning in terms of increased quality of care.
Where can I get an application & brochure?
- The application can be found here or on the national ACPE website at www.acpe.edu/word_docs/app_cpe.doc. Completed applications, along with the $75.00 non-refundable application fee, should be mailed to Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services, Attention Pastoral Service CPE, 300 68th St. SE, PO Box 165, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0165.
- An application and brochure about Pine Rest's program can also be mailed to you. Please email your mailing address and request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call 616.281.6363 x2566 for information.