This group is meeting safely in-person. Please call 616.258.7507 to find out how you can join.
Cost: $30/session. Insurance not accepted, but please ask if you qualify for financial assistance.
Registration is required. To enroll or get information: Call our Forest Hills Clinic at 616.258.7507.
Group facilitators: Gordon Greer, LMSW, ACSW, CAADC
Our informative group welcomes parents, relatives or guardians (age 18+) of LGBTQ kids. We offer an inclusive space for participants to learn how to help their kids feel socially, emotionally, and physically safe and supported.
Topics covered include:
- Distinction between sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, and gender roles.
- Reconciling competing values.
- Handling social and family situations.
- Coming out process.
- Resources for LGBTQ individuals and loved ones.
- Way to network with other parents.
This group meets once a week for eight weeks and is led by our expert clinicians. Participants are required to attend from the first session.