Caring for children can be difficult but potentially the most rewarding challenge a person can take on. Often, our own parenting experiences may not have prepared us to be the kind of parent/caregiver we wish to be.
The Nurtured Heart Approach® (NHA) is a relationship-focused methodology developed by Howard Glasser and founded strategically in The 3 Stands™ for helping children (and adults) build Inner Wealth™ and use their intensity in successful ways. In Nurtured Heart Approach® thinking we believe intensity is a powerful quality that, if developed correctly, can propel children onto amazing achievements. It has become a powerful way of awakening the inherent greatness in all children, including those who are challenged behaviorally, socially and academically, while facilitating parenting and classroom success.
This 6-session weekly class welcomes parents, legal guardians, grandparents, foster parents, other family members, educators and other professionals.
- Tuesdays (in-person) | Holland Clinic | Feb 21, Feb 28, Mar 7, Mar 14, Mar 21, Mar 28 | 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays (in-person) | Southwest Clinic | Feb 22, Mar 1, Mar 8, Mar 15, Mar 22, Mar 29 | 12 – 1:30 p.m.
- Thursdays (virtual) | Telehealth Clinic 616.559.5896| Feb 2, Feb 9, Feb 16, Feb 23, Mar 2, Mar 9 | 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays (virtual) | Forest Hills Clinic 616.258.7507 | Apr 11, Apr 18, Apr 25, May 2, May 9, May 16 | 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Fridays (in-person) | Caledonia Clinic | Apr 14, Apr 21, Apr 28, May 5, May 12, May 19 | 12 – 1:30 p.m.
- Understand why conventional methods of parenting, caregiving, therapy and teaching often fail with intense children, despite the best of intentions.
- Enable a challenging child to use their intensity in successful ways, even if the child is diagnosed with ADHD, ODD or exhibits other difficult behavior.
- Build Inner Wealth™ in all children and create a richer social-emotional environment.
Week 1 – Welcome to the Nurtured Heart Approach® series (participants must attend from the first session)
Week 2 – Crucial Concepts of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
Week 3 – Techniques to Energize Success
Week 4 – Limit Setting and Consequences
Week 5 – The 3 Stands of NHA®, Working Together
Week 6 – Notching it Up!
“Being a single mom has been tough regarding parenting teens alone. NHA helped me with the tools to help my home be more peaceful and my children feel better about themselves.”
“Before [NHA], our house was very disrupted … out of control. We’ve since done a 180 degrees and are noticing the greatness of our family.”
“I went through this training as an expectant (adoptive parent) and coach wanting to learn more ways to communicate better with children and teens. This course really gave me some great tools to use.”
Registration: Call the clinic you would like to register at (see options below). If you are on a waitlist through the Forest Hills Clinic, you will be contacted or you may register at another clinic.
Are you interested in learning more about Nurtured Heart Approach®? Learn about our free Nurtured Heart Approach® Introduction.