To Schedule an Orientation: Call 866.852.4001 or talk to your Pine Rest therapist, psychiatrist or case manager to refer you to this group. Attendees do not need to have a Pine Rest therapist; as long as they are seeing an individual therapist consistently, they are eligible for the group.
The Adolescent Healthy Living Group is a recurring 12-week program offered through Pine Rest designed to meet the needs of teens 13 years and older who are struggling with depression, anxiety or mood regulation problems.
This group may be appropriate if you:
• Have been struggling with mental health problems that are negatively affecting your school and/or home life, and you can benefit from additional support.
• Have recently completed inpatient or partial hospitalization treatment and found the peer support and information helpful.
• Are interested in meeting other people who understand what it is like to struggle with anxiety, depression, or mood regulation problems and can support you in your efforts to get better.
Topics covered over the 12-week sessions include:
1. Assertive Communication
2. Mental Health Hygiene I (Nutrition, Exercise & Sleep Hygiene)
3. Mental Health Hygiene II (Medication, Addiction, Social Media & Technology)
4. Coping Skills
5. Guilt, Shame & Stigma
6. Building Healthy Social Support
11. Values 2 (Life Bus)
12. Relapse Prevention
Upon graduation from AHLG, group members may join the Adolescent Healthy Living Graduate Group, which allows for continued peer support as needed.