Pax Crisis Response Services
We’re available via phone, video conference or in person/on the ground support for your organization to help leadership, employees and those your serve deal with unforeseen traumatic events such as workplace accidents, the death or suicide of a co-worker or student, robberies, violence, natural disasters and more.
Please call us at 616.281.6305 today to learn more.
Skilled crisis response consultants can be available immediately telephonically, via video live-feed, or on-site to support the organization’s leadership as critical, time-sensitive decisions are made and communicated.
Delivery of competent compassion goes a long way toward facilitating resilience. Selecting from a continuum of structured critical incident response group and individual interventions, the PAX consultant provides a safe, directed environment to:
- Consult with leadership to shape the response effectively
- Position leadership favorably through shared messaging
- Allow people to talk if they wish to do so
- Identify and normalize acute traumatic stress reactions so that those impacted by them do not panic about them
- Build group support within work teams
- Outline self-help recovery strategies
- Brainstorm solutions to overcome immediate return-to-function and return-to-life obstacles
- Triage movement toward either immediate business-as-usual functioning or additional care
On-site Response Intervention Structures
Leadership Consultations: Leaders learn to recognize typical reactions to crisis and behavioral warning signs, and to develop strategies that facilitate recovery.
One to One: Individuals develop personal return to work, school and life strategies within a confidential setting.
Small Groups: Employees, faculty, staff and students with similar circles of impact renew supportive bonds of community, normalize reactions and are equipped with individual and group recovery plans.
Large Groups: PAX consultants help leaders communicate across the organization with topics like stress management techniques, how to communicate with your children about the tragedy, and more.
Families: Consultants meet with families to provide the touch of human kindness and psycho-education specific to recovery from the incident to strengthen this support group.
Video Live-feed Response Services
PAX consultants can be immediately and visibly available to deliver the individual and group intervention structures noted above.
Telephonic Crisis Response Services
Sometimes geography, time or financial restraints prohibit gathering all stakeholders within one location. PAX Consultants can facilitate interactive conference calls to facilitate group support, normalize traumatic stress reactions, provide applicable psycho-education and mobilize helpful resilience strategies.
When the critical incident impacts a small number (1-3 individuals), a proactive, individualized response can be cost-effectively indicated. PAX consultants make immediate, proactive outbound telephone calls to individuals identified by the impacted organization’s leadership.
The supportive call:
- Acknowledges the incident
- Expresses care on behalf of the organization
- Allows for sharing of what occurred
- Normalizes reactions
- Provides psycho-educational resiliency suggestions.
Those involved may call back for additional support as much as needed 24/7 for ten days. On the tenth day an additional outbound call will be made to assess status and discuss any additional recovery strategies.
Crisis Response Training
Spiritual/Psychological First Aid
Christian universities provide leadership opportunities by implementing peer-to-peer student life leadership roles and sponsoring short-term mission trips for student groups. This course will provide information and practice opportunities regarding how to effectively respond to those experiencing tragedy and loss. The training includes elements such as:
- The individual and organizational impacts of crisis and loss
- Spiritual/Psychological first aid skills
- What to say and what not to say
- Knowing when you’re in over your head and how to refer
- Self and team resilience care