You are an employee. You are a person. Some days those roles impact each other positively. Some days negatively. Pine Rest EAP recognizes life’s stressors and provides expert, compassionate support to help you be a healthy person and a productive employee.
Services we provide include:
A special hotline telephone number given to all employee members provides 24-hour, 7-day unlimited access to a Pine Rest counselor within one hour of initial contact for a professional telephone consultation. Counselors are members of the Pine Rest staff and include psychologists and clinical social workers. During the initial call, you and anyone in your household may request information, discuss personal problems, obtain assistance in problem assessment and resolution, or request a referral to an appropriate Pine Rest therapist at any of our outpatient locations for face-to-face assessment.
Common issues we help people with everyday include:
- Difficult Transitions
- Eating Disorders
- Marriage and Couples Counseling
- Parenting Issues
- Relationship Problems
- Work Stress
Face-to-Face Professional Counseling/Consultation
Face-to-face consultation is available to you and members of your household for purposes of assessment and, if indicated, referral to the most appropriate resource to meet their needs. Consultations with Masters and PhD level EAP counselors are available within 48 business hours of initial Hotline contact and can be scheduled at any of Pine Rest's outpatient locations around West Michigan and Iowa.
Frequently Asked Questions
From time to time in everyone's life, a concern arises that, despite our best efforts, we can't handle on our own. We may feel helpless and wonder where we can turn for help. Many employers are committed to assisting their employees in getting the help they need by providing access to Pine Rest's Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
EAP is there to help you with life's problems. Pine Rest's clinicians and therapists are available at 18 outpatient locations throughout West Michigan. They can provide professional counseling services to any employee or member of their household who needs help.
What is the Employee Assistance Program?
The EAP is a confidential service that helps employees and members of their household with problems. When needed and appropriate, the EAP can refer the individual to one of any number of community resources for further assistance.
Who can use the EAP?
You, as the employee, or any member of your household can call the EAP for help whenever a personal problem is troubling you.
What kind of problems can I call the EAP about?
You can call the EAP about anything that is concerning you. Some of the more common concerns we receive calls about include (but are not limited to):
- Marital, family, or relationship issues
- Alcohol/substance abuse/addictions
- Emotional Problems (depression, anxiety, etc.)
- Legal and financial difficulties
- Work-related problems
How do I contact the EAP?
- If your employer has contracted with Pine Rest's EAP, you will be provided with a special Hotline number. This number gives you 24-hour, 7-day-a-week access to the EAP.
- You can also call a Pine Rest clinic directly to make an appointment. You will need to be sure you identify yourself as an EAP member and indicate the name of your employer. Click here for a list of Pine Rest's outpatient locations.
What happens once I do contact the EAP?
- Once you have made the call to the Hotline, a counselor will call you back within one hour to talk with you. The counselor is a member of Pine Rest's staff and mental health professional. During this initial call, you can request information, discuss a personal problem, obtain assistance in assessing a problem and/or resolving it, or request a referral to an appropriate Pine Rest therapist for a face-to-face assessment.
- If a referral is appropriate, you have a set number of face-to-face visits with a Pine Rest therapist to resolve your concern or help decide the next step.
What will the EAP cost me?
A set number of face-to-face visits per problem are provided at no cost to you through your employer's contract with Pine Rest. Often these visits are all you will need. If you are referred for other services, there may be a cost. The EAP staff will work with you to find the most affordable method to cover the cost of additional services.
Will my employer, family, or friends know I've used the EAP?
All EAP contacts are confidential. Pine Rest is prohibited by federal law from releasing any information on any client to anyone. Reports made by the EAP to employers contain statistical data only, no names or specific details. No one will know you utilized the EAP unless you decide to share it with them.
What if another problem comes up after this one is solved?
There is no limit to the number of times you can call the EAP with a new problem. You are limited to two free sessions for any one problem. For example, if the same problem resurfaces, you will need work with the EAP staff to cover the cost of any additional face-to-face sessions with a therapist.
Services for Employers
To learn more about Pine Rest's Employee Assistance Program and other services Pine Rest offers to area businesses, contact Bob VandePol at (616) 281-6305.