Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services is pleased to announce Bob VandePol, MSW, has been named executive director of the Employee and Church Assistance Programs.
VandePol worked at Pine Rest from 1985-2000 as a clinician in the pre-adolescent inpatient unit, founded the Pine Rest Caledonia Clinic, and served as director of the Pine Rest Foundation. He left in 2000 to serve as president of the world’s largest provider of critical incident response services to the workplace.
During his time there, he managed the crisis command center in Manhattan after the 2001 terrorist attacks and led response campaigns following many of our nation’s large-scale disaster events. Active as a keynote speaker, he has also been published in business and clinical journals and has frequently been featured as subject matter expert in media interviews and training videos.
Through Pine Rest's Employee and Church Assistance Program, employers have access to a variety of services to assist their employees personally and directly, as well as services to assist and train managers and other employees in dealing with difficult employees/co-workers and difficult situations. Services such as:
- 24-hour, 7-day access to a Pine Rest psychologist or clinical social worker through a special Hotline number within one hour of initial contact
- A contracted number of face-to-face sessions with a Pine Rest therapist at no cost to the employee within 48 hours of initial contact at any of 17 West Michigan clinic locations
- Assessment and, if indicated, referral to an appropriate treatment provider
- Critical incident response services following workplace crises
- Substance abuse/addictions assessment, referral and consultation
- Unlimited management consultation regarding employee issues
- On-Site training workshops on topics such as leadership, crisis management, stress, conflict management, dealing with difficult people and more.
VandePol works on Pine Rest’s main campus at 300 68th Street SE in Grand Rapids.
About Pine Rest
Pine Rest is one of the five largest free-standing behavioral health providers in the U.S., offering a full continuum of services including inpatient and partial hospitalization, residential and outpatient services, addiction treatment and recovery, extensive child and adolescent programs, senior care services, as well as specialized assessment and treatment clinics. In addition to the main campus in Grand Rapids, Pine Rest also has 17 outpatient locations throughout Michigan and two in Iowa. Pine Rest achieved a historic milestone in June 2010 when the organization marked 100 years of service. You can learn more online at www.pinerest.org.