7 - 8:30 p.m.
for a map.
30 week program (held over three 10-week phases) beginning January 2013. Cost of each group session is $56. An initial evaluation is required if you plan to use your insurance. Financial assistance is available.
Grounding phase (10 sessions, Winter 2013)
Grief phase (10 sessions, Spring 2013)
Growth in Grateful Community (10 sessions, Fall 2013)
Includes all study materials
Heidi Vermeer-Quist, Psy.D.
Join us for a free orientation session on January 15 at 7 p.m. (there is no obligation to join at this meeting)
A MENTAL HEALTH CLASS ROOTED IN SOLID CHRISTIAN TEACHING, PROVIDING EFFECTIVE PSYCHOLOGICAL TOOLS
Mental health is a lot like gardening. We need solid grounding. When we grieve it feels like pruning, but it is necessary in order to work through hurts and losses. Through this process we learn how to let go of lies or myths we thought were true. Then we grow a new and prosper as we participate in a grateful community. All along the way we need to soak up the nourishment God provides for life.
A sample of tools you’ll gain from Gardening 4 Life:
• Simple and Effective Self and Relationship Care Strategies
• Healthy Boundaries
• A “Serenity Prayer” Approach to Life
• Mindfulness - observe, describe, and fully participate in your life
• Distress Tolerance - strategies and exercises to help you through stressful times
• Emotion Management - tools to identify emotion and look at its function
• Interpersonal Effectiveness - practical strategies for valuing relationships, responding to others, and being responsible for yourself
• Developing an Internal Adult Ally rooted in Christ
• Active Listening
• Assertive, Loving Communication
• Hardiness Training
• Spiritual Disciplines to deepen your relationship with God.
Download information sheet