Substance Use Disorder: Insights Magazine
There are more deaths, illness, and disabilities due to alcohol and drug use than any other preventable health condition. Nearly one in four deaths can be attributed to alcohol, tobacco, or illicit drug use, and substance use disorder is linked to a variety of health problems.
What needs to be more widely told is that addiction is a disease of the brain, not a moral weakness or shortcoming. And because it is a disease, treatment is possible and even effective!
Articles from Substance Use Disorder: Insights Magazine
- The Addiction Epidemic
- Addiction: A Physician’s Perspective, Bruce Springer, MD
- The Continuum of Care for Patients with Substance Use Disorders in the New Millennium, Jon Weeldreyer, MA, LLP, CAAC, CCS-M
- Alcohol and Other Drug Classifications and Effects, Jon Weeldreyer, MA, LLP, CAC
- What happens at various levels of Blood Alcohol Content (BAC)
- Substance use disorders most often treated by age
- Information for Family Members, Jon Weeldreyer, MA, LLP, CAC
- The Role of Twelve Step Support Groups in Recovery, Larry Vander Plaats, MSW, CAC+