All outpatient substance use disorder treatment at Pine Rest is provided by experienced credentialed therapists. We provide services for adults, adolescents and families. All therapists are capable of treating persons with both mental health and substance use disorders.
- Assessment and evaluation
- Individualized plan of care
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Coordination of care
Individual therapy is one-to-one sessions lasting 45 to 60 minutes. Treatment is available in multiple clinics as well as through teletherapy (similar to Facetime or Skype).
Our outpatient treatment groups provide a safe and supportive learning environment for adults recovery from addiction. Group sessions review and discuss recovery-based topics and allow for valuable individual sharing of progress, concerns and setbacks. Groups meets fo 90 minutes once a week. New members are asked to commit to attending 12 consecutive groups/weeks. Attendance beyond 12 weeks is permissible and encouraged if continued support is needed.
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
MAT is the use of medications to relieve opioid and alcohol withdrawal symptoms and psychological cravings that cause chemical imbalances int he body. MAT clients are required to participate in other recovery-based therapy programs.
Locations Offering Substance Use Treatment
Greater Grand Rapids Area
- Caledonia Clinic – Individual Therapy
- Campus Clinic – Individual Therapy
- Christian Counseling Center – Individual Therapy
- Forest Hills Clinic – Individual Therapy (adolescents)
- Northeast Clinic – Individual Therapy
- Northwest Clinic – Individual Therapy
- Retreat Clinic – Individual Therapy, Group Therapy, Family Therapy, MAT
- Southwest Clinic – Individual Therapy
- Hastings Clinic – Individual Therapy
West Michigan / Lakeshore
- Holland Clinic – Individual Therapy, Group Therapy
- North Shore Clinic – Individual Therapy, Group Therapy
- Pella Clinic – Individual Therapy
For more details about this level of care or any other addiction service in our continuum, please call 866.852.4001.
Research shows group therapy to be the most effective form of treatment for persons with substance use disorder, delivering “teachable moments” as clients deal with how recovery interfaces with their real world issues. –The Continuum of Care