There are more deaths, illness, and disabilities due to substance use than any other preventable health condition. Today, one in four deaths can be attributed to alcohol, tobacco, or illicit drug use. And, based on most recent data available, alcohol and other drugs were involved in 78 percent of violent crimes; 83 percent of property crimes; and 77 percent of public order, immigration or weapon offenses; and probation/parole violations.
One in four Americans will have an alcohol or other drug problem at some point in their lives The number of persons with a substance use disorder holds steady at about 16 to 20 million. In 2010, an estimated 23.1 million Americans aged 12 and older needed treatment for substance use.
We’ve gathered the following information, tips, videos and resources to help you learn more about substance use disorder and addition, and find the support and care that you or loved one needs.
Pine Rest Services
- Addiction: A Physician’s Perspective, Bruce Springer, MD
- The Continuum of Care for Patients with Substance Use Disorders in the New Millennium, Jon Weeldreyer, MA, LLP, CAAC, CCS-M
- Alcohol and Other Drug Classifications and Effects, Jon Weeldreyer, MA, LLP, CAC
- To the Family Members, Jon Weeldreyer, MA, LLP, CAC
- The Role of Twelve Step Support Groups in Recovery, Larry Vander Plaats, MSW, CAC+
- TODAY MAGAZINE: Substance Abuse And What You Need To Know About It
- What happens at various levels of Blood Alcohol Content (BAC), compiled by Jon Weeldreyer, MA, LLP, CAC
Pine Rest Services
Pine Rest offers a full continuum of services that range from residential detoxification to traditional outpatient services. All of the service components in the continuum welcome those who also have mental health disorders. We believe that there should be no wrong door for individuals to access substance use disorder treatment.
With one call to 866-852-4001 we can guide you through the process of inquiry, assessment and admission to the most appropriate level of care. We will assist you with understanding your insurance benefit, help you understand what other sources of funding might be available and qualify you or your loved one for treatment.
- Hospitalization: The new Redwood Unit specializes in integrated treatment for those with a mental health diagnosis and a substance use disorder
- Partial Hospitalization: Intensive daily treatment while allowing patients to return home in the evening
*Please note: You are leaving the Pine Rest Website when you click on these links.