Caring for children can be difficult but potentially the most rewarding challenge a person can take on. Often, our own parenting experiences may not have prepared us to be the kind of parent/caregiver we wish to be.
The Nurtured Heart Approach® (NHA) is a relationship-focused methodology developed by Howard Glasser and founded strategically in The 3 Stands™ for helping children (and adults) build Inner Wealth™ and use their intensity in successful ways. In Nurtured Heart Approach® thinking we believe intensity is a powerful quality that, if developed correctly, can propel children onto amazing achievements. It has become a powerful way of awakening the inherent greatness in all children, including those who are challenged behaviorally, socially and academically, while facilitating parenting and classroom success.
This 6-session weekly class welcomes parents, legal guardians, grandparents, foster parents, other family members, educators and other professionals.
- Tuesdays (in-person) | Caledonia Clinic | Apr 25, May 2, May 9, May 16, May 23, May 30 | 5:30 – 7 p.m.
- Tuesdays (virtual) | Forest Hills Clinic 616.258.7507 | Jul 11, Jul 18, Jul 25, Aug 1, Aug 8, Aug 15 | 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Thursdays (in-person) | Southwest Clinic | Aug 3, Aug 10, Aug 17. Aug 24, Aug 31, Sep 7 | 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- Tuesdays (in-person) | Holland Clinic | Sep 12, Sep 19, Sep 26, Oct 3, Oct 10, Oct 17 | 6 – 7:30 p.m.
In-person dates & and more virtual options will be updated later this summer. Please call the clinic if you want to be on a waitlist or gather more information.
- Understand why conventional methods of parenting, caregiving, therapy and teaching often fail with intense children, despite the best of intentions.
- Enable a challenging child to use their intensity in successful ways, even if the child is diagnosed with ADHD, ODD or exhibits other difficult behavior.
- Build Inner Wealth™ in all children and create a richer social-emotional environment.
Week 1 – Welcome to the Nurtured Heart Approach® series (participants must attend from the first session)
Week 2 – Crucial Concepts of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
Week 3 – Techniques to Energize Success
Week 4 – Limit Setting and Consequences
Week 5 – The 3 Stands of NHA®, Working Together
Week 6 – Notching it Up!
Printable Nurtured Heart Approach® Class Flier
“Being a single mom has been tough regarding parenting teens alone. NHA helped me with the tools to help my home be more peaceful and my children feel better about themselves.”
“This approach is right what I needed in my life right now. I have a deeper, more sincere, more positive relationship with my boys. As the world is changing around us, this parenting approach was the perfect answer for me to be a better parent.”
Before [NHA], our house was very disrupted … out of control. We’ve since done a 180 degrees and are noticing the greatness of our family.”
“I signed up for this training as a professional and I am so glad that I did. I learned an approach that aligns well with the way I work with children and families.”
Registration: Call the clinic you would like to register at (see meeting options above).
Are you interested in learning more about Nurtured Heart Approach®? Learn about our free Nurtured Heart Approach® Introduction.