Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services offers residential treatment services at several locations throughout greater Grand Rapids. A transitional housing service is also offered for people who need safe and sober housing after residential treatment. Persons experiencing an addiction can receive the necessary holistic tools, support, and inspiration they need to achieve recovery within a healing, therapeutic environment. Specialized programming is available for persons who are also involved in the criminal justice system. The goal is to prepare residents to live satisfying and productive lives, while maintaining sobriety. All facilities are state-licensed* and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- Freedom House – 12-bed, residential addiction treatment service for women, aged 17 and up, and their young children ages 8 and under. Gender-specific treatment includes case management, individual and group therapy, stress management, spirituality counseling, parenting and relationship skills, nutrition and health, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dual diagnosis services, and sexual trauma counseling.
- Jellema House - 25-bed, residential treatment program for men addicted to alcohol and other drugs. Programming is individualized and may be short-term (2-to-4 weeks) and longer-term (45-to-90 days). Services incorporate a strong understanding of addiction as a complex, chronic disease that affects physical, emotional, cognitive, relational, and spiritual aspects of a person’s life.
- Jellema Treatment Center - 49-bed residential substance use disorder treatment program for men involved in the criminal justice system. It assists residents in establishing a substance and crime-free lifestyle while entering the world of work and relationships. The program uses cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), life skills training, relapse prevention, motivational interviewing, and twelve-step programming to provide the resources for change. A specialized program for persons convicted of drunk driving is also available.
- Recovery Residence – A supportive housing center in Grand Rapids with four apartments and 14 beds. The purpose of the program is to provide safe, sober, and affordable housing for men as they make the transition from residential treatment to the world of work and relationships.
For referral or access to services, call 616-281-0061.
* Recovery Residence does not require state licensure.