Research offers the opportunity for our staff and patients to become involved in novel and innovative approaches to psychiatric care. By partnering with the biotechnology community, industry, and academia-based research programs, Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services is also established as an institution dedicated to advancing the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric disorders.
“When considering potential research, we look for studies that: address an unmet clinical need, investigate a new/novel treatment approach, aid in early diagnosis or response to treatment, and explore genetics and personalized medicine,” says Eric Achtyes, MD, Staff Psychiatrist, Director for the MSU Division of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, and Behavioral Health Medical Director for Network180.
For more information, our research staff can be reached at 616/222-4592 or email@example.com
Recent research studies include:
- The Evaluation of the Clinical Impact of the Antidepressant Pharmacogenomic Algorithm in an Outpatient Clinical Setting: A Randomized Double Blind Pilot Study
- A 52 week, Multicenter, Open-Label Study of the Safety and Tolerability of Agomelatine Sublingual Tablets in Patients with Major Depressive Disorder
- Field Testing of the Computerized Adaptive Testing - Depression Inventory (CAT-DI)
- Correlating Depression Symptoms and Suicidality to Inflammatory Biomarkers for Depression
- Programs to Monitor Prescription Drug Abuse in the United States
- The Impact of Forgiveness and Spiritual Distress in an Inpatient Psychiatric Setting
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) for Agitation and Aggression in Dementia
- Assessing Trauma and Grief in Children