What does Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services offer?
- Summer Intensive Unit CPE runs for 11 weeks and is full time, 40 hours per week, 1 unit of CPE.
- Fall Extended Unit CPE runs for 24 weeks and is part time, one day per week with at least an additional 16 hours of ministry in one's own ministry site or through Pine Rest, 1 unit of CPE
Is Pine Rest's CPE program accredited?
Since 1970, Pine Rest has been accredited by:
Association for Clinical Pastoral Education
1549 Clairmont Road, Suite 103
Decatur, GA 30033 (404) 320-1472 www.acpe.edu
What are the pre-requisites?
- One year of theological education in an accredited seminary or equivalent experience in a ministry setting.
- Completed application plus a non-refundable $75.00 application fee.
- Admission interview with a qualified interviewer.
- Your application is very personal and confidential. Only the Supervisor of CPE and/or supervisory staff assigned will read your application.
What is the tuition?
While the cost of education is $3,400 per unit, the actual cost for each student may vary depending on the ability to pay, other funding options, and scholarship awards. We offer guidance in pulling together a financial package and funding issues will specifically be addressed after acceptance into the program. Scholarships range from $100 to $3300.
Pine Rest offers Clinical Pastoral Education in collaboration with denominations, churches, hospitals and seminaries. Students who are not able to pay the full cost of the education are encouraged to seek financial assistance from others ( i.e. congregation, employer, denomination, seminary and others) to put together a financial assistance package. For those who need further assistance, scholarships are available from Pine Rest.
A non-refundable application fee of $75.00 is submitted with the application. Pine Rest can provide assistance and guidance with financial support options. Each student will have their own unique sources of support. Once accepted into the program, an application for a Pine Rest scholarship may be requested. Students' actual fees are determined based on their financial package. It is anticipated that after seeking support from other sources and scholarships available from Pine Rest, that each student will pay only what they can afford.
Where can I get an application & brochure?
- Applications can be found on the national ACPE website at www.acpe.edu/word_docs/app_cpe.doc. Completed applications, along with the $75.00 non-refundable application fee, should be mailed to Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services, Attention Pastoral Services, 300 68th St. SE, PO Box 165, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0165.
- An application and brochure about Pine Rest's program can also be mailed to you. Please email your mailing address and request to email@example.com. You may also call 616/281-6363 x2566 for information.