Pine Rest’s team of specially trained consultants are available immediately 24/7 in the time of crisis. We belive there is no greater honor and no greater responsibility than to be there for people on the worst day of their life. A calling to this mission drives training, consultation, and response to their emergency, crisis or tragedy. Pine Rest EAP Critical Incident Response professionals provide expert support to leaders of organizations; both for their internal needs and for their provision of healing to the surrounding community. We’re available via phone, video conference or in person/on the ground support for your organization to help employees deal with unforeseen traumatic events such as workplace accidents involving the death of a co-worker, suicide of a co-worker, robberies, violence, natural disasters, and more.
Skilled crisis response consultants can be available immediately telephonically, via video live-feed, or on-site to support the organization’s leadership as critical, time-sensitive decisions are made and communicated.
Response Service Delivery
On-Site Crisis Response Services
Delivery of competent compassion goes a long way toward facilitating resilience. Selecting from a continuum of structured critical incident response group and individual interventions, the Pine Rest consultant provides a safe, directed environment to:
- Consult with leadership to shape the response effectively
- Position leadership favorably through shared messaging
- Allow people to talk if they wish to do so
- Identify and normalize acute traumatic stress reactions so that those impacted by them do not panic about them
- Build group support within work teams
- Outline self-help recovery strategies
- Brainstorm solutions to overcome immediate return-to-function and return-to-life obstacles
- Triage movement toward either immediate business-as-usual functioning or additional care
On-Site Crisis Response Intervention structures:
- Leadership Consultations: Leaders learn to recognize typical reactions to crisis and behavioral warning signs, and to develop strategies that facilitate recovery.
- One to One: Individuals develop personal return-to-work and life strategies within a confidential setting.
- Small Groups: Employees with similar circles of impact renew supportive bonds of community, normalize reactions, and are equipped with individual and group recovery plans.
- Large Groups: Pine Rest consultants help leaders communicate across the organization with topics like stress management techniques, how to communicate with your children, and more.
- Families: Consultants meet with families to provide the touch of human kindness and psycho-education specific to recovery from the incident to strengthen this support group.
Video Live-Feed Response Services:
- Pine Rest consultants can be immediately and visibly available to deliver the individual and group intervention structures noted above.
Telephonic Crisis Response Services:
- TeleResponse: Sometimes geography, time, or financial restraints prohibit gathering all stakeholders within one location. Pine Rest Consultants can facilitate interactive conference calls to facilitate group support, normalize traumatic stress reactions, provide applicable psycho-education, and mobilize helpful resilience strategies.
- TeleCare: When the critical incident impacts a small number (1-3 individuals), a proactive, individualized response can be cost-effectively indicated. Pine Rest consultants make immediate, proactive, outbound telephone calls to individuals identified by the impacted organization’s leadership. The supportive call acknowledges the incident, expresses care on behalf of the organization, allows for sharing of what occurred, normalizes reactions, and provides psycho-educational resiliency suggestions. Those involved may call back for additional support as much as needed 24/7 for ten days. On the tenth day an additional outbound call will be made to assess status and discuss any additional recovery strategies.