Postpartum Depression: Reducing Your Risk (in Michigan)
Date & TimeTuesday, January 14, 2014
5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Every 3 months on the 2nd Tuesday
Location Pine Rest Northwest Clinic, 2118 Three Mile Road, NW, Grand Rapids MI 49544
Time: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Click here for a map.
Register: Call 616/222-3720
Perinatal Mood Disorders are the most common complication of childbirth, affecting 15%-20% of women. You can reduce your risk by making a plan. Let our staff help you and your support person learn warning signs of PMD, identify and strengthen your resources, learn actions to increase health and reduce risk and get information on postpartum community resources.
What puts someone at risk for developing a Perinatal Mood Disorder?
• Previous diagnosis of a Perinatal Mood Disorder
• History/family history of mental illness
• Social/environmental stressors
• Complications with pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding
• Perfectionism/high expectations
• History of infertility treatments
• Multiple birth
• Previous reproductive losses, such as miscarriage or stillbirth
Download Information Sheet