We’ve all seen the commercials on television; several vignettes showing individuals looking sad, tired, and unresponsive to mates, children or pets with a voiceover asking if you are not yourself or feeling listless and unhappy. “Maybe you are depressed,” the ad suggests.
We all feel sad sometimes and even go through periods of grief and have feelings of failure and disappointment. But that is not depression. Depression, even in its mildest form, is more than an occasional period of sadness.
We’ve gathered the following information and resources to help you learn more about depression and find the support and care that you or a loved one needs.
- Medications for Depression, Dr. Kevin Furmaga, PharmD, BCPP
- Depression Signs and Treatments, Tom Karel, MA, CAAC
- Teens and Depression, Carol Rich, LMSW
- Holiday Depression, Dr. Jared Skillings
- Depression and Children, Shelly Marinus
- Depression Playlist on YouTube
Pine Rest Services
*Please note: You are leaving the Pine Rest Website when you click on these links.
Like what you read? Share this with your friends and family using the icons below.